8.32 not idling

Vraagbaak techniek
Maarten-Jan
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Re: 8.32 not idling

Bericht door Maarten-Jan » 25 nov 2015, 13:54

I have the same problem. When I drive and push in the clutch and the engine returns to idle it stalls. I gently give it some revs before stalling and than it runs perfectly on idle.
I understand it's the air flow meter which sinks too far down and takes the air away. You have probably the same issue.
Echt snelle auto's vallen stilstaand niet op!

Lancia Thema 8.32 SW

Stefan Elshout

Bericht door Stefan Elshout » 25 nov 2015, 14:58

Is it really impossible to keep it running on idle or does it just stall everytime you come to a stop?
If you really can't keep it running on idle there might be a massive air leak. You can visually check most of the hoses but there is one big hose that is impossible to see without disassembling half of the engine :( If that one leaks (or most of the time not attached correctly while installing the injection system during repairs) that's really a pain in the ass. The hose is attached to the bottom of the KE3 injection system, to check you have to remove the intake manifold and injection system.
If you can sort out one way or another that you don't have an air leak I can explain you the right procedure to adjust your injection system correctly. Otherwise go to a repair shop with a CO measuring device, unplug the wire from the lambda sensor and adjust until your CO is around 1 or 2 and or lambda reading from your exhaust gasses are around 1.
This way you can see if your air/fuel mixture is close or way off.
If it runs idle how much RPM is the engine running and the big adjustment screws on the butterfly valves are they fully in/out or somewhere in the middle?

CharlieA

Bericht door CharlieA » 28 nov 2015, 22:50

Stefan Elshout schreef:Is it really impossible to keep it running on idle or does it just stall everytime you come to a stop?
If you really can't keep it running on idle there might be a massive air leak. You can visually check most of the hoses but there is one big hose that is impossible to see without disassembling half of the engine :( If that one leaks (or most of the time not attached correctly while installing the injection system during repairs) that's really a pain in the ass. The hose is attached to the bottom of the KE3 injection system, to check you have to remove the intake manifold and injection system.
If you can sort out one way or another that you don't have an air leak I can explain you the right procedure to adjust your injection system correctly. Otherwise go to a repair shop with a CO measuring device, unplug the wire from the lambda sensor and adjust until your CO is around 1 or 2 and or lambda reading from your exhaust gasses are around 1.
This way you can see if your air/fuel mixture is close or way off.
If it runs idle how much RPM is the engine running and the big adjustment screws on the butterfly valves are they fully in/out or somewhere in the middle?
Thanks for all of the tips guys. When it is cold, it will go to 1800rpms then down to 1500rpms.
Like most cars really. Then as soon as it heats up and it should drop down to 900 or something it will stall and die.
Restart it, it starts as easy as nothing, but will stop if I let go of the throttle.

Adjustment screws on the butterflies is in the bottom position. And one if them is broken.
It only needs the tiniest amount of throttle to stay alive, barely crack the butterflies open and it will idle.

I have delivered the car to one of Norways most knowledgable on these cars.
Hope he can find out, will keep you posted!

Stefan Elshout

Bericht door Stefan Elshout » 29 nov 2015, 08:19

Get that broken screw fixed first. These screws are your idle rpm adjustment screws (on cat models) and they are never fully closed but somewhere in the middle.

CharlieA

Bericht door CharlieA » 01 dec 2015, 08:37

Stefan Elshout schreef:Get that broken screw fixed first. These screws are your idle rpm adjustment screws (on cat models) and they are never fully closed but somewhere in the middle.
Hello guys!

Know a bit more today. There is a vacume leak somewhere under the intake.
The expert blew some startgas under there, and the idle changed quite a bit.
He adjusted it so that it runs OK, but won't run good until I fix the leak.

So intake must come off I guess. Anyone how a procedure on that?
How many hours must I reserve for this?

Thanks this far guys!

Stefan Elshout

Bericht door Stefan Elshout » 01 dec 2015, 18:59

Just remove a lot of nuts and bolts. Especially cat intake manifold is quite some work. I think it will take you 4 hours or something. Some can do it in 1 hour and for some it will take whole day.
Good luck finding your leak.

CharlieA

Bericht door CharlieA » 19 nov 2016, 00:40

Stefan Elshout schreef:Just remove a lot of nuts and bolts. Especially cat intake manifold is quite some work. I think it will take you 4 hours or something. Some can do it in 1 hour and for some it will take whole day.
Good luck finding your leak.
Hello guys!
Been quiet from me lately, been to busy getting my Maserati ready for the tracks next year.
I have a Quattroporte which needs some work as well.
Anyway, I have gotten a mechanic to help me with the 8.32 intake leakage problem.

He is struggling to get the intake off, are you sure these is no procedure explanation somewhere?
Would be really helpfull if someone could help out!

CharlieA

Bericht door CharlieA » 20 feb 2017, 08:20

An update on this matter here.

I started on the intake myself some time ago, and got it off.
A bit fiddly, but not a huge problem I must say.

Anyway, changed some hoses, changed O-rings on injectors, pressure tested them etc.
Engine is idling nicely now, and is running much much better.
We have adjusted CO as well, what should it be for best performance? Anyone know?

Got some nagging electrical issues still, some related to the fusebox I think.
Anyone know if the fusebox is the same as IE Turbo for instance?
If I touch some of the fuses, window wipers work again etc.
The boot spoiler suddenly works and don't work also. If it was the switch, usually it would'nt start working again.

Thanks for your help guys!

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Techniek”