Newie from UK with 89 Turbo 16V

Maak hier kennis met de leden van het Lancia Thema Register. We hebben een apart forum om je auto te laten zien, vertel ons hier vooral wie je bent en waarom je de Thema een warm hart toedraagt!
Plaats reactie
catgroom

Newie from UK with 89 Turbo 16V

Bericht door catgroom » 24 sep 2010, 23:01

Hello everyone!

Iam Steve aka catgroom as my job involves grooming Persian Cats in peoples homes.

After 11 years Iam back in a Thema.Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

I have yearned for one since my last Crystal Green car.
I firstly had a 1987 8v Turbo with Konis,H&R springs and strut brace,and 16v integrale wheels.It caught fire due to the oil cooler hose bursting on the motorway here.I was devastated.
So,I then bought my Crystal Green 1991 16v Turbo.My favourite colour at that time and it flew.I racked up 100000 miles in those 2 cars.For me it feels very familiar to drive a Thema,even after all these years.Since then I have owned my 1986 Porsche 944 Lux Auto,a 1994 Audi Coupe 2.6 V6,and my 1984 Audi 200 Turbo which I still have.She is sick though :(

So,I had a moment of clarity and when this Quartz Grey 1989 car came up on the Lancia-tdc.co.uk forum I had to have her.Due to the total mileage of 170000 miles and very bad paint on roof,bonnet and bootlid her price was only £500 :D
She had a new engine at 111000 miles,so the new engine only has 61000 miles on and you can really feel its freshness,and willingness to be driven in a spirited way.I love this,as I know theres always plenty in reserve.

The paint is improving as one of my hobbies is car detailing.Iam stunned how my car looked like the body needed repainting,but how the correct products can prove this not to be the case.

Great to be here.This is my first time on a Dutch forum though,so please excuse any language problems.Most English people think I talk in riddles sometimes.You do have to be quirky,mad,yet passionate to own a Thema though dont you?heheeee

Steve :D
1989 S2 16v LX Turbo,Grigio Chiaro,175k,Engine 65k.

Erwin123

Re: Newie from UK with 89 Turbo 16V

Bericht door Erwin123 » 25 sep 2010, 21:11

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Thema Madhouse! I got two strong arms. Blessings of Babylon
time to carry on ;) Surely you have got some nice Thema piccies for us?

Grtx,

Erwin

catgroom

Re: Newie from UK with 89 Turbo 16V

Bericht door catgroom » 27 sep 2010, 16:13

Hi Erwin!

And yes indeed Sir.I have three for you :)

Voila!

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Shes sadly suffered from lacquer lift in early life.
Also,I have spent 3 days removing,by hand,traffic smoke residue and bus diesel fume residue from the paint.
I did NOT want to use a random orbital as Im aware how thin Fiat/Lancia paint from that era can be.

Next,she needs butterfly bushes for the lower track control arms (as usual!) and of course,some lacquer. ;)

Greetz

Steve :mrgreen:

Oh,and SHE GOES LIKE A BASTARDOS!!!
1989 S2 16v LX Turbo,Grigio Chiaro,175k,Engine 65k.

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Maak kennis!”